Compassionate Communities Team
Community Bereavement Volunteer (non-counselling)
Volunteers are needed to cover pilot sites within the Dudley area
2- 6 hrs per month
Length of Role:
12 months initially
Purpose of the Role:
Compton Care understands the importance in developing new initiatives and opportunities for volunteers and the communities in which we serve.
Bereavement Information Hubs is an initiative to offer signposting and support to communities affected by grief and loss of a loved one. The hubs will be located within community settings and will be facilitated by community volunteers.
This is an exciting opportunity for a volunteer to broaden their skills by facilitating a Bereavement Information Hub. The purpose for a community-based Bereavement Hub is to provide people an opportunity to meet other people who are or have been affected by a loss and grief and to signpost them to other services of support.
A Bereavement Information Hub is not a service for counselling or one to one support. The aim of a Bereavement Information Hub is to bring together people who are affected or have experienced bereavement. A hub is a safe and supportive environment which enables people to meet others who have also been affected, share experiences and help access information and signposting to other relevant services.
• Facilitate a Bereavement Information Hub within a community setting
• Provide group facilitation as required with clients experiencing bereavement
• To provide information and advice on local services
• To monitor and maintain attendance list of visitors to a Bereavement Information Hub
• To signpost people for further help and support to other agencies as and when appropriate
• To carry out any other activities that may reasonably requested by Community Engagement Coordinator.
• To be professional in all your undertakings and to act as an ambassador for the Bereavement Information Hubs
• To ensure the Bereavement Information Hub is set up prior to sessions commencing
• To support the running of the session and ensure that visitors are welcomed
• To monitor and maintain stock levels for leaflets and promotional material for Compton Care and other signposting services
• To support the development of activities and support material required within the community locations to promote Bereavement Information Hub
• To report incidents or concerns to Compton Care Community Engagement Coordinator.
• To attend all induction training and any other training relating to the role
• You will be flexible, friendly, willing to be part of a team and enjoy helping people in the local community
• You will have good communication and interpersonal skills
• You will be able to work independently
• You will be trustworthy, reliable, dependable and resilient
• You will be 18 years and over and must complete a DBS check
• Organisational induction training
• Communication Skills
• Loss and Grief Awareness
• Health and Safety
• Volunteer Self Care
• Support and Signposting Networks
• Quarterly group peer supervision supported by Community Engagement Coordinator.
• Travel expenses
• Out of pocket expenses as agreed with the Compton Care Partnership Development Manager
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT:
Tel: 0300 323 0250