Purpose of the role:
To support the Bereavement Service through regular social media posts which will help us to:
• Raise awareness about end of life and bereavement
• Promote our patient & family support services
• Build networks and partnerships
• Engage with new or established service users.
What you will be doing:
• Setting up social media accounts including Twitter and Facebook
• Drafting and sharing regular social media plans for scheduling
• Monitoring responses, feeding back to the Bereavement service via verbal and written updates.
• Carrying out additional promotional, events or marketing tasks where agreed.
When and where:
2-4 hrs a week depending on service need and your availability. Based at the hospice between 10am and 2pm either Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.
What you could get out of it:
• A chance to contribute to facilitate the support of bereaved families and patients accessing our service
• Opportunities to meet new people
• Ability to keep up to date on current social media trends and tools
• An overview of other volunteer roles within the hospice and the potential to change or take on additional roles in future.
We will require you to apply for a DBS as part of the role.
• Experience of using social media scheduling tools such as Hootsuite, Buffer etc.
• Aptitude in learning to use new online tools
• Good writing skills
• Experience of promoting products or services via social media
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY please contact: