Helping an organisation and a volunteer build a great relationship is something we love to do, and also helping to ensure that people who manage volunteers have access to a wide range of appropriate support. This lovely story from Dudley Canal and Tunnel Trust has been featured in this year’s Dudley CVS Annual Report, so we thought we would share it with you. Why not see how we can help you support and recruit the right volunteers? We hope you enjoy Becci and Ben’s video stories here
Midlands Air Ambulance Charity were successful in their Investing in Volunteers Quality Standard, supported by Eileen Fielding from Dudley CVS Volunteer Centre, who is the local IiV Advisor. Why not watch their video story here?
Have you ever asked the following?
- Do volunteers have the same rights as employees?
- Health and safety doesn’t apply to volunteers does it?
- Do your volunteers sign a contract?
- Are you aware how easy it is to create a contract with volunteers?
Many volunteer-involving organisations are not aware of the legal implications when working with volunteers. Our session aims to dispel myths and clarify your legal responsibilities. We also use actual case studies where volunteers have taken organisations to court, to help demonstrate bad practice when involving volunteers.
We aim to give participants:
- An understanding of how current legislation has implications for volunteers and volunteer involving organisations.
- Knowledge of good practice recommendations relating to the management of volunteers.
- Participants will also have the opportunity to plan for their own organisation in terms of how legislation affects management of their own volunteers.
As there’s quite a lot of ‘heavy’ information, we deliver the session in sections and there are activities to break up the training, so it’s not all ‘death by Powerpoint’