- Are you looking to improve your leadership and negotiation skills?
- Are you looking to invest more in your local community?
- Why not get involved in leading a voluntary organisation or social enterprise?
Board members are the people in charge of a charity, voluntary organisations or social enterprises. They can also be known as committee members, directors or trustees! Whatever they’re called, they play a vital role, volunteering their time and working together to make important decisions about the organisation’s work.
Do you like the idea of volunteering as a board member but aren’t sure how to get started or what the role involves?
Join us for an informal session to explore and help understand the roles and responsibilities of a board member of a charity, voluntary group or social enterprise.
- what is a charity, voluntary organisation and social enterprise?
- what structures can they take?
- what is the Board? and
- what is its role?
This session will provide an overview of how you can make a contribution to improving lives and communities; consider legal commitments, and discuss what it means to be a board member. These kinds of organisations need effective governance and this requires volunteers with a range of experiences and skills.
The Volunteer Centre managed by Dudley CVS has board member opportunities available and can provide advice and guidance in identifying a suitable vacancy within Dudley Borough.