Position: Rehab Support Volunteer
Commitment: To support Monday morning Computer/IT session ( 9.30 am until 12.30 pm)
Responsible to: Chief Officer
Summary: Working alongside staff you will provide support to clients in a group setting and on an individual basis as well as assisting staff to deliver rehabilitation sessions.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- To work alongside staff and be part of delivering rehabilitation sessions to clients both in a group setting and individually.
- To help staff set up before, and tidy up after each session.
- To support clients in completing activities, prompting, guiding and encouraging them.
- To observe clients and provide feedback to staff on their activities and progress.
- To help with making and serving refreshments.
- To support clients with their eating, drinking or toileting (if you are willing and able).
- To drive clients to and from locations as part of their activities (if you are willing and able).
- To comply with any reasonable instruction given by a member of staff as part of the day-to-day running of Headway.
- To participate in regular supervision.
- To comply with Headway Black Country’s policies and procedures. This includes presenting yourself in a professional manner, maintaining client confidentiality and working in a way that keeps Headway a safe and healthy environment.
Good skills in practical, day to day use of technology to safely access the internet, emailing, Word and use of mobile technologies.
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT:
Tel: 01384 869961
Eileen from DCVS Volunteer Centre has started some regular monthly get-togethers for anyone who manages volunteers, be they a paid member of staff or a volunteer themselves.
She plans to move them around the borough. The first one was in Stourbridge on 16th October and we had 8 lovely visitors 🙂 The next one is in Halesowen on 15th November. Please do pop along, grab a cuppa and have a chat about anything volunteering. Hope to see you there.
Eileen plans to add more dates for after Christmas, so please keep your eyes peeled
Help a young person find their purpose in life
Become a trained mentor
Mentoring opportunities in Dudley
We are looking for professionals over 25 and retired professionals who would like to join the One Million Mentors (1MM) community, partnered with Mayor’s Mentors. We’re happy to welcome you even if you’ve never mentored before, and will help cast aside any concerns around your ability to mentor. If you can offer just one hour a month for up to 12 months, you will be great!
One Million Mentor’s is transforming mentoring in the UK, aiming to connect a million mentors to young people to increase youth employability, support social action and help break down social barriers.
To sign up, please go to https://1mm.org.uk/ to register to begin your journey. Once in, we will personally guide you through the preparations which have been designed for even the busiest professional to manage comfortably.
Questions? Please email email@example.com
What are we looking for?
Over 25 yrs old (there is no upper limit!)
Employed or retired
All backgrounds are welcome
No prior mentoring experience is needed
Many of our mentors taking part have found our training very valuable and have developed their leadership, management and communication skills as well as having a sense of fulfilment from taking part in the opportunity.
Wesley Erpen | Regional Manager – West Midlands – One Million Mentors I UpRising
Are you a Blogger or a Podcaster?
Our new website is now up and running (yay!!) and we would like to keep it populated with a number of blog posts on a weekly or monthly basis, from people who know what it is like to live with a mental health condition, or with someone who experiences mental health difficulties.
If you would like to apply to become a blogger for Dudley Mind please send a covering letter and an example of your work to Simon at Dudley Mind by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We would also be interested in hearing from any podcasters out there who would like to host their podcasts on our website. As with above please send us an example of your work along with a covering.
The closing date for applications will be 31/10/2019.