• KPG specify that Group Facilitators are bereaved through suicide for around minimum of 2 years. This shared experience with the people who come to our groups is an important part of what makes the groups so effective. People feel that they will be understood.
• The role of the Suicide Bereavement volunteer is to help facilitate online sessions, provide a warm virtual welcome, help get the conversation started, make sure everyone has the opportunity to talk if they want to, and generally look out for people.
• Signposting, overseeing, and maintaining links to relevant organisations, groups, and services for counselling.
• Willing to undergo training to develop skills.
3rd Tuesday of each month, 6pm-8pm.
Ongoing each month.
• Empathy and effective, compassionate communication skills are vital
• Organised, methodical, reliable
• Good communicator with ability to encourage conversation.
• The ability to work on their own initiative and a part of a group.
• An awareness and understanding of cultural differences in dealing with death and grief
• Good inter-personal skills to lead a group, encourage and sustain discussion
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY please contact: