The Kaleidoscope Plus Group’s own monthly radio show at Black Country Radio Xtra. Working with the wider KPG teams, we would like a team of volunteers to help put a monthly radio show together.
You must be able to commit to a minimum of at least 3 hours per week or more volunteer time to KPG with a combination of time for preparation and at recordings at Black Country Radio Xtra, and be prepared to attend station meetings and community and promotional events throughout the year when requested.
You will need to work with the PR Team and the wider KPG service leads to write content for shows as well as producing and pre-recording shows, organising interviews with staff, volunteers and supporters.
This is an exciting volunteer position and we would like the shows to cover a wide range of topics to not only advertise our services but also encourage more conversations around mental health to help end the stigma.
Topics discussed across the shows will include, but are not limited to:
• Suicide and self-harm
• Stigma around mental health
• Teenagers and mental health
• Hormone changes
• Volunteering at KPG and the benefits of becoming a volunteer
Once a month you will be required to head into the recording studio and record the show. Support will be available from the PR Team as well as the radio’s very own DJ’s.
The radio station is based at: Cable House, Waterfront E, Level St, Brierley Hill DY5 1XG.
Ongoing each month.
• Self-confidence and an outgoing personality, plus ability to work as part of a close team.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• A clear and attractive speaking voice and conversational style.
• Ability to communicate information live in a developing news environment.
• Good organisation and planning skills.
• A flow of good and creative ideas.
• Awareness of the technical aspects of broadcasting. especially timing and playlist structure.
• You also need:
• Good research and interviewing skills.
• An ability to build a rapport with guests and audiences.
• An ability to work under pressure and make quick decisions.
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY, please contact: