• KPG specify that Group Facilitators are bereaved through suicide for around minimum of 2 years, therefore, understanding the type of support the client needs.
• The role of the Suicide Bereavement volunteer is to provide a Proactive, timely and compassionate community-based monthly support group and help to support individuals, families, groups, or communities who have experienced a suicide loss.
• Signposting, overseeing, and maintaining links to relevant organisations, groups, and services for counselling
• Willing to undergo training to develop skills
1st Tuesday of each month from 7.30pm – 9.30pm
2 hours per week each month.
Empathy and effective, compassionate communication skills are vital
• Organised, methodical, reliable
• The ability to work on their own initiative
• An awareness and understanding of cultural differences in dealing with death and grief
• Good inter-personal skills to lead a group, encourage and sustain discussion
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY please contact: