Do you want to increase your admin or customer service skills? Then we have the perfect volunteering opportunity for you…
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers who want to support our members and join our friendly team of staff and volunteers. In this role, you will be assisting with the incoming calls, text and emails coming into the National Helpline. Our members get in touch for a whole host of reasons – no day is the same! Some knowledge or experience of sight and or hearing loss would be an advantage in this particular role and confidence in speaking with people of all ages and backgrounds over the phone.
Duties would be varied ranging from dealing with basic incoming contact and referring any complex issues to our Membership Services team, updating our information library or carrying out research to support our work helping those with sight and hearing loss. You’ll receive full one to one training and gain a range of new skills and the confidence to use them. Although this is a remote role, there will always be a member of the team available to support you in your role.
We are looking for volunteers who would be available to support us in a slot between 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and until 4.00pm on a Friday
Volunteering is a great way of improving you own skills and supporting others – why not join the team and make a difference to real people’s lives……
Location: home based.
Minimum 3 month commitment.
The role will suit people who …
• Are confident on the telephone
• Be able to communicate in a text and email.
• Are able to show empathy and understanding.
• Are self motivated with the ability to work on own initiative.
• Have Basic admin and good IT skills.
• Are open minded and non judgemental.
• Are patient and willing to listen to people who may be going through a difficult time.
• Aged 18 and over
• Based in the UK
• Has access to the internet and a device to complete Deafblind UK online volunteer training. This will take approximately 2-3 hours.
• Are able to commit to the role for at least three months
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY please contact: