Deafblind UK members have combined sight and hearing loss and many live alone with few family and friends around them.
Could you help support our members who would like to stay in contact over the telephone and receive a weekly call from a friendly volunteer?
Making a regular call or sending an email or letter to one of our members could make a huge difference right now. So many of them live alone and having the opportunity to speak to another person can be of huge benefit to their general wellbeing.
How can you help…
We are looking for confident, chatty and friendly individuals who can hold a good conversation with our member over the phone. You could be chatting about similar interests or learning about each others lives. Whatever the conversation you’ll be making a positive difference.
Something as simple as phone call could brighten up our members’ week!
You don’t need to be local to the member and you don’t need experience to become one of our chatty volunteers. You just need to be comfortable talking over the phone, engaging, able to instigate conversations and commit to regular weekly calls. Some knowledge or experience of sight and or hearing loss would be an advantage in this particular role and confidence in speaking with people of all ages and backgrounds.
Location: home based.
This role requires a regular commitment of 1 hour approx. each week.
Minimum commitment of 3 months.
The role will suit people who are…
• Willing to share their own personal interests with member
• Have a genuine interest in others and getting to know them
• Someone with a good understanding of confidentiality
• Non-judgemental and empathic, and have the ability to listen
• Aged 18 and over
• Based in the UK
• Has access to the internet and a device to complete Deafblind UK online volunteer training. This will take approximately 2-3 hours.
• Are able to commit to the role for at least three months
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY please contact: