Kendall & Wall Charitable Trust is trying to combat loneliness and social isolation by organising outings for elderly and disabled people. We have a number of wheelchair accessible minibuses.
We are based in Lichfield but provide a service to a much wider area, including Sandwell.
We are planning to open a branch in West Bromwich to cover the Sandwell area. We are looking for an individual to head up the new branch. He/she will take the lead in setting up the new office, which may initially be in the volunteer’ own home.
With a great deal of support from our Lichfield office he/she will:
• establish the West Bromwich/Sandwell office
• recruit volunteers to drive minibuses and look after clients
• set up a database of volunteers and clients
• organise a programme of outings to start later this year
• publicise the new service amongst members of the public
• liaise with local care homes, housing associations and charitable groups
Kendall & Wall Charitable Trust will fund the setting up of the new branch and will provide a minibus but it is anticipated that the branch will become self-funding after a year or two.
The volunteer leader must :
• be enthusiastic
• have lots of energy,
• have good leadership skills
• have experience of working in the voluntary sector
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT:
Tel: 01543 897131