Reporting to: Co-Production Project Manager
Salary: £10.50 an hour
Hours: Part Time (18.75 hours per week)
Location: Stourbridge Community, with occasional travel to other regions across the Trust
We have an exciting, permanent opportunity, that we will enable us to build upon our commitment working in a co-productive way, creating opportunities for people we support to have a ‘Life of Opportunity’.
We are seeking an individual to be our part time Community Connector / Coproduction Lead, based within Stourbridge. The successful candidate will need to have motivation, enthusiasm and creativity to engage and inspire people to grow in confidence and take responsibility in their own lives.
This is a rewarding role for someone who thrives on implementing change through co-production, transforming the way we work with people with learning disabilities and autism. Enabling people to take responsibility and become a valued citizen in the local community.
Reporting to the central Co-production Lead you will support community initiatives, projects and activities in a co-produced way, harnessing collective talents to achieve positive outcomes. The successful candidate will also work closely with the managers and staff to help drive up quality and be responsive to the people we support.
The role will involve:
• leading and developing community-based projects to engage people we support
• developing local initiatives consistent with outstanding practice in social care.
• create opportunities to ensure every voice is heard and ideas are valued.
• facilitate forums for people we support
• encourage the use of “CVT Connect” and Zoom technology as platforms to help connect people.
• prepare and share accessible information, fact sheets and policies.
• support the completion of “Quality of life” reviews and “My life” surveys. Gathering people’s views, facilitating feedback sessions and coproducing action plans.
• develop contacts within the local area, creating closer partnerships with key organisations.
• facilitate events and activities for the benefit of the wider community.
• create opportunities for people we support to become more active and connected within the wider community.
• work with the general manager to develop new opportunities in the locality with the aim enabling all people we work with to have a ‘Life of Opportunity’.
The successful candidate will have:
• strong personable qualities and can demonstrate a strong drive to delivering excellent person-centred services.
• experience of planning and delivering projects and initiatives.
• have strong communication skills and the ability to communicate with all abilities; written and verbally.
• be able to lead, mentor and coach others to sustain motivation to get involved and stay involved in activities and initiatives.
• experience working with adults, within social care and learning disabilities sector.
• at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
• have a level 3 social care management qualification or equivalent
You will be PC literate, hold a full UK driving licence and be willing to travel to other regions within the Trust and other locations such as the North, London and Birmingham.
For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Philip Gibson on 07824 463798.
For more information about the Trust, how we work and about co-production please visit https://www.camphillvillagetrust.org.uk/how-we-work/co-production/
Closing date: TBA, this advert may be closed early upon receipt of suitability sufficient applications
Interview date: to be arranged and held by Zoom due to the current situation surrounding Covid-19.
Please note we will not wait until the closing date to arrange interviews, so if we have filled the vacancy before the advertised closing date, we will close this advert early.
Successful applicants for this role will require an Enhanced DBS check. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. We will undertake checks of successful candidates before starting work, which will include an Enhanced DBS check. For more details please see our webpage on the recruitment process.