We now need volunteers to step forward in the continued fight against coronavirus and help to support the Covid-19 vaccination programme. We are looking to recruit from our local communities to enable us to provide a safe and effective vaccination programme while continuing to offer timely access and minimal impact on other NHS services.
Volunteers form an integral part of the team working at either an existing NHS estate or a temporary standalone service within a local community. You will have the opportunity to work indoors or outdoors, supporting people attending one of the vaccination centres across The Black Country and West Birmingham.
Volunteer roles include:
Wayfinding and Patient Flow – Working alongside marshals to support the smooth arrival onto the site of people coming for vaccination. Volunteer tasks may include:
• Helping to direct people to the relevant entrances and exits.
• Checking appointment paperwork.
• Identifying people who may require additional support, such as a carer/chaperone, additional language support etc, and directing to the appropriate site staff.
Patient Support – Answering patient queries and addressing any concerns about the vaccination in the waiting area. Volunteer tasks may include:
• Confidently conveying NHS messaging on the vaccination in line with national guidelines.
• Providing citizens with relevant information materials (e.g., leaflets) and offer brief explanation of the steps pre, during and post vaccination that the citizens need to be aware of.
• Responding to any citizen queries and concerns and escalating any issues to the supervisor.
• Ensuring that social distancing guidelines are respected.
• Co-ordinating with other team members to ensure the site doesn’t become overcrowded at any point in the process.
• Following health and safety, safeguarding and confidentiality guidance and training.
• Raising and seeking support from appropriate site staff with any issues that may arise.
• Maintaining accurate records and ensuring strict data and patient record confidentiality.
The time you dedicate to this role will be flexible and hours offered will depend on site opening times. We will endeavour to find a site as close to your home as possible.
Please note – this volunteer opportunity is for non-clinical support only and the role will adhere to government social distancing guidelines.
• Ability to communicate in a calm and professional manner.
• Show empathy and compassion towards others and treats people with dignity and respect.
• Recognise own limitations and seek support from others.
• Act in a way that supports equality and values diversity.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO APPLY please contact: