Hawbush Gardens is an area of beauty that brings tranquility as soon as you enter through the gates. The site hosts a number of community events and offers the facilities for local external organisations.
As part of our team you will help us to maintain and enhance the beauty of the gardens. You will work as a part of a team although opportunities to work independently are also available. There are so many tasks and projects open to us – so there will always be something of interest for you to do such as
- Pruning back overgrown plants, bushes etc
- Sowing Seeds
- Edging Borders
- Ground Clearance
- Grass Cutting
- Sweeping paths
- Removing leaves
- Wood chipping
- Fence repair
- Pond renovation
- Building projects
- Poly tunnel construction
And anything else that you feel may enhance the site!
– The most important quality is enthusiasm!
– Some experience of gardening would be an advantage but not essential
– Enjoy working as part of a team
– Confidence in communicating ideas and thoughts to the group
– Ability to take instruction for safety purposes
– Reasonably fit – but you are part of a team so help is always on hand!
– Willing to work out of doors. The site is often not open in adverse weather conditions but certain tasks are carried out during colder months
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT