Hours available: Driving schedules are 8am-11am and/or 14:45 -17:00 Monday – Friday although occasionally there is a need for volunteers to be called upon demand.
Purpose: To drive around the local community collecting and returning Service Users, to and from their homes.
Summary of Duties:
- To drive around the local community picking up and dropping off service users.
- Assist service users on and of transport.
- This opportunity is best suited to those who have driving experience and are able to work well with others. Good communicator.
- You will need to present a valid driving licence. You will also need to have the D1 element on your driving licence.
- Drivers will be considered up to the age of 75 however anybody over the age of 70 will be required to undergo a medical.
- You will gain experience of working with visually impaired people and make new friendships.
- This role requires any potential volunteer to undergo a DBS check.
- Good knowledge of local area. Willing to undergo training (MIDAS minibus driver awareness scheme)
- Training is provided for all aspects of this role.
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT:
Email – email@example.com