Purpose:Assisting staff to create a talking newspaper on a weekly basis for visually impaired clients.
Summary of duties
To record audio transcriptions of newspapers for visually Impaired people
Reading from a newspaper or other various articles/materials whilst being recorded, in a recording booth
Editing of master copies of the talking newspaper (not essential)
Emptying and sorting of postal wallets
Copying and packing of newly recorded CD’s
Conducting Interviews with people from various backgrounds.
Skills: • Clear and friendly recording voice
• Good communication skills and an outgoing and friendly approachable manner are essential, as are reliability and a commitment to confidentiality
• An opportunity to meet new people
• Ability/willingness to understand the issues faced by Individuals living with sight loss
• To be non-judgemental and have the ability to treat people with respect
• A DBS disclosure is required for this role