2 hours per month (this could increase based on project demands)
Purpose: To help shape assistive technology provision across the West Midlands. This will involve attending monthly meetings at various locations across the region.
Summary of Duties:
- To work as a collective on relevant assistive technology topics and suggest ways of achieving improvements in service provision that benefit people who are partially sighted or blind.
- To look at new ways that local sight loss organisations can identify and share assistive technology resources and explore possible joint funding bids for future projects.
- Work with the Project Manager and the strategy team to attend and contribute to monthly assistive technology meetings, in order to develop a regional strategy and discuss key issues and priorities.
- To assist the Project Manager with the delivery of assistive technology workshops across the West Midlands.
- To provide feedback to the steering group regarding the key outcomes of the project.
Support for Volunteers
• A volunteer induction
• Opportunities to meet our staff and other volunteers
• Ongoing support as the role requires
• Reimbursement of expenses according to our volunteer expenses policy.
• A DBS check will be required for this role.
• You’re friendly, engaging and comfortable working withing a group.
• You’re enthusiastic about working with your local community.
• You’re a regular user of, or have basic knowledge of assistive technology.
• You have an interest in the issues affecting those with sight loss.
• You’re reliable, punctual and committed.
• You have some local knowledge and contacts.
• You have a polite and friendly manner.
• You have good communication skills.