Hours available: 2 hours per month (this could increase based on project demands)
Purpose: To help shape assistive technology provision across the West Midlands. This will involve attending monthly meetings at various locations across the region.
Summary of Duties:
To work as a collective on relevant assistive technology topics and suggest ways of achieving improvements in service provision that benefit people who are partially sighted or blind.
To look at new ways that local sight loss organisations can identify and share assistive technology resources and explore possible joint funding bids for future projects.
Work with the Project Manager and the strategy team to attend and contribute to monthly assistive technology meetings, in order to develop a regional strategy and discuss key issues and priorities.
To assist the Project Manager with the delivery of assistive technology workshops across the West Midlands.
To provide feedback to the steering group regarding the key outcomes of the project.
Support for Volunteers
• A volunteer induction
• Opportunities to meet our staff and other volunteers
• Ongoing support as the role requires
• Reimbursement of expenses according to our volunteer expenses policy.
• A DBS check will be required for this role.
• You’re friendly, engaging and comfortable working withing a group.
• You’re enthusiastic about working with your local community.
• You’re a regular user of, or have basic knowledge of assistive technology.
• You have an interest in the issues affecting those with sight loss.
• You’re reliable, punctual and committed.
• You have some local knowledge and contacts.
• You have a polite and friendly manner.
• You have good communication skills.