Position: Rehab Support Volunteer
Commitment: To support Monday morning Computer/IT session ( 9.30 am until 12.30 pm)
Responsible to: Chief Officer
Summary: Working alongside staff you will provide support to clients in a group setting and on an individual basis as well as assisting staff to deliver rehabilitation sessions.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- To work alongside staff and be part of delivering rehabilitation sessions to clients both in a group setting and individually.
- To help staff set up before, and tidy up after each session.
- To support clients in completing activities, prompting, guiding and encouraging them.
- To observe clients and provide feedback to staff on their activities and progress.
- To help with making and serving refreshments.
- To support clients with their eating, drinking or toileting (if you are willing and able).
- To drive clients to and from locations as part of their activities (if you are willing and able).
- To comply with any reasonable instruction given by a member of staff as part of the day-to-day running of Headway.
- To participate in regular supervision.
- To comply with Headway Black Country’s policies and procedures. This includes presenting yourself in a professional manner, maintaining client confidentiality and working in a way that keeps Headway a safe and healthy environment.
Good skills in practical, day to day use of technology to safely access the internet, emailing, Word and use of mobile technologies.
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT:
Tel: 01384 869961