Ryegate Shopping Mall, High St, Stourbridge, DY8 1HJ
3 – 5 hours for 1 day on Saturday 14 September
What the role involves:
Regional fundraising supports local communities to raise as much money and awareness as possible to make a real difference to the lives of everyone affected by Parkinson’s.
This role is for one day to help promote a new Firewalk event taking place in Stourbridge in October and to also raise awareness of Parkinson’s UK in the community.
- You will be handing out flyers to raise awareness of the event
- Talking to shoppers about the event and the charity
- You could be on the awareness stall answering questions or giving out information leaflets
- Helping the Regional Fundraiser to flyer drop at local shops/cafes etc
- Potentially taking cash donations/selling merchandise
What you could get out of volunteering:
- Meet others in your local community
- Have a fun day out talking to people
- Be part of a friendly team; working with the public, other volunteers, supporters and staff
- Do something meaningful within your local area for people affected by Parkinson’s
- Be part of an innovative and inclusive organisation committed to finding a cure and improving life for everyone affected by Parkinson’s
- References for future employers
What we’re looking for and why:
- Friendly and welcoming personality
- Outgoing personality
- Able to handle money
- Excellent communication skills
- Happy to meet and talk to new people in a busy shopping environment
- Able to stand/walk around for a few hours at a time
Training and support provided:
Ongoing contact and any additional support you need will be provided throughout your role by your named Parkinson’s UK staff contact.
The Parkinson’s UK Induction is compulsory for all volunteers starting a new role at the charity. Created by volunteers, for volunteers, the award winning range of videos, exercises and vital information can be taken at your own pace and covers everything you need to know about the charity you’re joining, the support available for you and a range of useful resources.
You can access it our website at https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/content/volunteer
It’s important that people affected by Parkinson’s can trust volunteers with their personal information. If you are handling personal or sensitive volunteer you will need to do ‘Our Information Matters’ training, so that you can confidently carry out your role.
Volunteers do need to register, please fill in a booking form located at https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/get-involved/apply-volunteering-role. Please put ‘Stourbridge community volunteer’ in the ‘role applying for’.
No references required.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, please contact: