The What Centre is a young person’s and children’s mental health charity and for the last 33 years have provided much needed support to young people. The What Centre supports 13 to 25 year olds through various projects and support. Recently, we have expanded our services to Dudley central and are looking for a keen and passionate admin volunteer who would like work in this area
The role of the admin volunteer is to support the above work for 2-3 days a week (Thurs or Friday and Saturday). You will be based in our Dudley branch at 31 Priory Street, Dudley, DY1 1HA. Duties for this role include:
- To be a first line of contact for service users telephoning the Centre, which will include taking referrals, checking on appointments, giving information on groups and signing clients up to groups.
- To assist in maintaining the Centre diary.
- To meet and greet clients and ensure they are made to feel comfortable
- Enter statistics onto Centre databases as required.
- To assist the advice workers in maintaining the project Facebook page, twitter and Instagram account, ensuring that they are kept up-to-date and used effectively to promote the project.
- To assist the advice workers in creating resources for support groups
- To ensure that all groups are promoted through Dudley Council for Voluntary Services.
- To assist with the production of printed matter e.g photocopying
- To assist with filing and storing paperwork in accordance with data protection
- Take notes as necessary at meetings and write up for the records.
- Undertake specific training as required by the organisation, e.g. safeguarding
- Take reasonable measures to maintain office security and data protection.
- To be aware of and ensure compliance with all Health and Safety issues.
- Any other administrative tasks as reasonably required for this post to support the What Centre
- Work with the counselling manager to make appointment for counselling assessment and manage counselling assessments waitlist
- Create and design posters and marketing for groups/events etc.
- Require a full DBS (essential – please do not apply if you know any reasons why you would not pass DBS check)
- Experience of admin role (desirable)
- Excellent people and telephone skills (essential)
Please return a copy of your CV and a cover letter specifying how you meet the job description and person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require further details, please do not hesitate to contact us at 01384-379992.
Closing date for applicants: 7th September 2019
Date for interview to be confirmed. Your start date will be decided mutually if you are successful.
The What? Centre is an equal opportunities employer and we positively welcome anyone with the right qualifications for the post to apply. Our building is wheelchair accessible and we have a fully integrated Equal Opportunities Policy.
- In order to ensure that we have everything prepared for your interview date we would ask you to let us know if you have any special requirements for the interview day.