The BeeHIVe Project is seeking an administration volunteer with great people skills to help them support and grow their project.
Background to the role
The BeeHIVe project (What? Dudley) is funded by Public Health to provide the following services to people of all ages in the Dudley Borough:
- HIV testing at the What? Dudley and various outreach venues including GPs, community settings, night clubs and other places where the need is identified
- Educational programmes for Doctors, pharmacists, community and voluntary sectors, schools and colleges
- Advice for people living with HIV on a range of issues including sexual health, housing and benefits
- Support and counselling for people living with HIV, their families and LGBTQ+
- A range of therapy and support groups for:
- People living with HIV
- Families, partners and carers of people living with HIV
- LGBTQ+ community
Staffing for this project includes a counsellor / project co-ordinator and two advice / outreach workers. There are also several arts therapists, counsellors and youth worker volunteers that are based in the What? Dudley building.
The role of the admin volunteer is to support the project for 2 days a week – Monday and Wednesdays (timings are negotiable). Duties for this role include:
- To be a first line of contact for service users telephoning the Centre, which will include taking referrals, checking on appointments, giving information on groups and signing clients up to groups.
- To assist in maintaining the Centre diary.
- To meet and greet clients and ensure they are made to feel comfortable
- Enter statistics onto Centre databases as required.
- To assist the advice workers in maintaining the project Facebook page, twitter and Instagram account, helping to ensure that they are kept up-to-date and used effectively to promote the project.
- To assist the advice workers in creating resources for support groups
- To ensure that all groups are promoted through Dudley Council for Voluntary Services.
- To assist with the production of printed matter e.g. photocopying
- To assist with filing and storing paperwork in accordance with data protection
- Take notes as necessary at meetings and write up for the records.
- Undertake specific training as required by the organisation, e.g. safeguarding
- Take reasonable measures to maintain office security and data protection.
- To be aware of and ensure compliance with all Health and Safety issues.
- Any other administrative tasks as reasonably required for this post to support the project co-ordinator and advice workers
This role requires the following:
- A full DBS (essential – please do not apply if you know any reasons why you would not pass DBS check)
- Experience of admin role (desirable)
- Excellent people and telephone skills (essential)
Want to apply?
Please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter specifying how you meet the role description and criteria above to email@example.com When writing your cover letter please pay particular attention to the skills you have used in other roles and relate them to skills needed for this post by detailing any appropriate experience (maximum of 2 A4 sheets).
Closing date for applicants: 17th July 2019
Date for interview to be confirmed, but will be before end of July 2019. If we do not contact you by 24th July, we are sorry but you have been unsuccessful this time.
Start date: 5th August
The What? Centre is an equal opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from volunteers who feel they have the right skills for this role to apply. . Our building is wheelchair accessible and we have a fully integrated Equal Opportunities Policy.
- In order to ensure that we have everything prepared for your interview date we would ask you to let us know if you have any special requirements for the interview day.