What you will be doing?
● Learning about the collection and its history
● Helping visitors and answer queries
● Working with other volunteers to sort, catalogue and accession
items for the collections.
● Keeping the collections area clean and tidy
● Helping to maintain the database
● Assisting with displays
● Comply with the Lace Guild’s relevant Policies and Procedures
● Represent the professional standards of the charity
To help with the day to day running of our organisation, supporting The
Lace Guild to flourish
● An interest in The Lace Guild and willing to learn new skills
● The ability to work as part of a team.
● A flexible approach
● Able to provide a friendly, high quality service to visitors
● Basic literacy and numeracy
● A sense of humour
● An understanding of the need for confidentiality
● Good timekeeping
● Reliability and trustworthiness
● A willingness to undertake training required for role
When and where:
We are located at:The Hollies, 53 Audnam, Stourbridge DY8 4AE
We are open Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, from 1 0:00 am to 3:00pm.
Ideally we would like volunteers to make a regular commitment, eg once a month or on a weekly basis
As this is a volunteer role there may be some training opportunities available with West Midlands Museum Development (WMMD) and other external organisations for skills development. This will be encouraged and facilitated where possible.
What you could get out of it:
● Gaining new skills
● Helping to raise funds and the profile of The Lace Guild
● Meeting new people and widening social circle
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY please contact: