- Do volunteers have the same rights as employees?
- Health and safety doesn’t apply to volunteers does it?
- Are you aware how easy it is to create a contract with volunteers?
Many volunteer-involving organisations are not aware of the legal implications when working with volunteers. Our session aims to dispel myths and clarify your legal responsibilities. We also use actual case studies where volunteers have taken organisations to court, to help demonstrate bad practice when involving volunteers.
We are planning to run our popular Volunteers and the law training on 18th July 2018 in Brierley Hill. To book your place please visit our Eventbrite listing
The charge for the training is £10 to cover the cost of room hire and refreshments.
What will the session cover?
- Defining volunteering and when someone is not a volunteer
- Who can or cannot volunteer and conditions that may apply
- How current legislation has implications for volunteers and volunteer involving organisations
- Identifying volunteers’ rights and the responsibilities of organisations when involving volunteers
- Taking steps to avoid creating employment conditions with volunteers
- Evaluating a legal case study and discuss the likely outcome