Time required: Variable, the role takes about ½ day to a day per fortnight, depending on current number of recruits needed and your time
What does the role involve?
• Identifying locations to distribute Guide Dogs volunteering literature within the local area e.g. libraries, community centres, sports and leisure facilities
• Helping find, plan and attend suitable locations for information days within the local area and attending local volunteer events/fairs
• Promoting volunteer opportunities out in the community and with key agencies such as Volunteer Centres
• Researching and identifying media opportunities to target volunteer recruitment within your local area.
• Supporting the Volunteering Consultant with any local Employee Volunteering\Corporate Volunteer events Helping record stories from our volunteers within the local area to create a range of case studies to promote recruitment
• Through your enthusiasm and planning, increasing the number of enquiries and applicants to become Guide Dogs volunteers
Location: Home based and travel within specified regions.
What will I get out of it?
• A chance to share your enthusiasm for volunteering and talking to people
• Working with a range of teams across Guide Dogs
What skills or experience are required?
• Customer facing/marketing experience is desirable
• Good organisational and communication skills
Will I need to do a Disclosure check?
Not for this role
Minimum Age: TBC
This role is managed by:
Mobility Team Support Supervisor / Volunteering Consultant
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY please contact: