Flexible depending on the types of groups being visited; the majority of talks will be during office hours.
What does the role involve?
• Attending appropriate training courses to learn more about the Name a Puppy scheme and Guide Dogs, where appropriate
• Working with the Regional Development Fundraising Manager to organise convenient dates to visit companies and organisations that are interested in Name a Puppy
• Organising, setting up and clearing away any promotional materials or information stands
• Providing fundraising advice and support to organisations and companies pledging to Name a Puppy in conjunction with the Community Fundraiser and local branch members
• Contacting the company representatives directly after the pledge and to thank them on behalf of Guide Dogs
• The role may also involve promoting the product to management and/or groups of employees
Location: Local to you. There may also be a local fundraising group for you to work alongside.
What will I get out of it?
• Support us to enable more blind and partially-sighted people to enjoy the same freedom of movement as everyone else
• An opportunity to build experience for your CV
What skills or experience are required?
• Willingness to talk to people about Guide Dogs
• Good communication and organisational skills
• Team working when working with a local fundraising group or others
Will I need to do a Disclosure check?
Not for this volunteer role
Minimum Age: 16
This role is managed by: Community Fundraising
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY please contact: