The time commitment to the role is flexible, minimum 1 day a week
What does the role involve?
• Working as part of Guide Dogs’ fundraising team with staff and volunteers
• Researching venues for collections, events and telephoning and writing to venues to request collections and completing application forms for street collections
• Where required, contacting local fundraising volunteers to ask if they will support the collection / event and arrange the collection rota
• Researching businesses and organisations in the area, and opportunities for our speakers to deliver talks
• Telephoning and writing to venues to request speaker engagements and stores and other premises to secure placement of collection boxes and Life Size Dogs (large collection boxes)
• Telephoning to thank our volunteers / donors, whether this be collection box coordinators, speakers etc or companies that are naming a puppy, groups / individuals third party fundraising
Location: Office based in your local Mobility Team
What will I get out of it?
• Sense of satisfaction in seeing donations generated, so that Guide Dogs can provide guide dogs and other mobility services to enable people who are blind or partially sighted enjoy the same freedom of movement as everyone else
• Sense of wellbeing in making a difference in your local community
• Opportunity to build experience for your CV
What skills or experience are required?
• Ability to generate enthusiasm
• Good communication skills
• Organisational skills
Will I need to do a Disclosure check?
Not for this volunteer role
This role is managed by: Community Fundraiser
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY please contact: