Assist the local fundraising team in promoting and taking part in a variety of activities to raise money for Guide Dogs
The time commitment can be very flexible, and the Fundraising groups organise events throughout the year
What does the role involve?
You will have the chance to take part in some or all of the following:
• Street collections on ‘flag’ days
• Help on stalls at local events
• Take Collection Boxes to local businesses
• Attending local events organised by Branches or Community Fundraiser and keeping track of what we sell on our stalls (including the cuddly toys!)
• Count donations
• Fundraisers are usually members of the local fundraising group
Location: Local, often outdoors
What will I get out of it?
• A chance to chat with members of the public about Guide Dogs
• Have fun and a sense of satisfaction taking part in fundraising events and collections
• Providing support to Guide Dogs to enable it to provide guide dogs and other mobility services that increase the independence and dignity of blind and partially-sighted people
• An opportunity to build experience for your CV
• Fundraisers have the chance to get more involved in organising activities by joining their local committee
What skills or experience are required?
• Good communication skills
• Working as part of a team
Will I need to do a Disclosure check?
Not for this volunteer role
Minimum Age: 18
This role is managed by: Community Fundraiser
Meet one of our existing Fundraiser’s:
Alison has been a fundraiser for 3 years. Here she tells us what she enjoys about the role.
I like helping people, and I like to keep busy. Since volunteering I have discovered that I am actually capable of organising events, and remaining calm (most of the time!) in the face of hectic circumstances. I’ve gained both self-confidence and a feeling of satisfaction that I have helped to improve the lives of other people, even if only in a small way.
Last year our group raised over £3,500 through stands at different events, store collections, and table top sales.
I enjoy the events and get a ‘buzz’ out of fundraising. It’s very interesting meeting new people from all walks of life. What could be better than raising money for a good cause and having fun at the same time?
“I enjoy the events and get a ‘buzz’ out of fundraising…What could be better than raising money for a good cause and having fun at the same time?”
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY please contact: