Group services can inform, educate, support and provide structured activities with defined
outcomes for attendees in a relaxed and safe group setting. Dementia cafes are for groups of people with dementia and their carer.
You will provide support to the Group Co-ordinator to enable people affected by dementia to engage and socialise with other group members in a welcomin
g and non-judgemental environment. Volunteers are required to attend half an hour before to set up and stay for half an hour afterwards to clear away and have a debrief with the team.
Applicants must be aged 14 years and above.
Most venues are accessible – individual needs can be discussed.
This opportunity is based at Broad Meadows Assisted Living Centre, Red Kite Drive, Russells Hall, Dudley, DY1 2GS. Last Wednesday of each month, 6-8pm.
This role will suit you if you:
– Enjoy meeting, talking and listening to people, demonstrating empathy and compassion
– Recognise the importance of confidentiality and can show this in practice
– Are comfortable volunteering as part of a team of volunteers and employees
– Know about, or are willing to learn about dementia and its impact on people
– Are prepared to complete induction into the role and attend/complete any necessary training
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY please contact:
Tel: 0121 521 3020