Things to think about and ways to move forward:
Voluntary work is usually a really good idea!
It can offer….
- A structure to the day
- A change in a person’s status
- A sense of identity
- Involvement in the community
- A sense of achievement
- A chance to build confidence
- A chance to gain new skills
- A break from the past and much more…
BUT Voluntary work cannot offer….
- A job
- The promise of a job
- Clinical therapy
- Replacement for care services
- Money, other than reimbursement of out of pocket expenses