Location: Foot Care Clinics around Dudley Borough as agreed with the Project Co-ordinator
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Attend Foot Care clinics to offer this service, as agreed, around the borough
– Attend initial Foot Care training and regular update training as necessary
– Spend the equivalent of at least one two hour session per week providing foot care.
– Receive referral letters to the Foot Care clinic from recognised health care professionals
– Get clients to sign the Foot Care agreement/ disclaimer
– Sell clients their personal Foot Care kit on their first visit and stress importance of them bringing this with them for future appointments
– Provide a basic foot care and toe nail cutting service i.e. cutting toe nails and filing hard skin only.
– Make re-appointments for clients so that they have a regular appointment every 8 weeks
– To adhere to the policies and practices of Age UK Dudley
– To agree to a Criminal Records Bureau check
– To wear a personal identity badge whilst volunteering
– Attendance on general Age Concern induction training
– Attendance at a specific Foot Care / Nail Cutting 1 day training course prior to seeing clients.
– Regular update training as necessary.
Expenses incurred travelling to and from Foot Care clinics will be reimbursed at the agreed volunteer mileage rate, currently 45p per mile.
A liking for and an empathy with older people
Patience and understanding
The ability to work as part of a team
An understanding of the need for confidentiality
Reliability and trustworthiness
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT:
Contact number: 01384 356150