Reporting to: Project Co-ordinator
Location: Merry Hill
Hours: At least 4 hours per week
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Welcome customers and create a relaxed and friendly atmosphere
– Complete customer bookings over the telephone and in person using both manual and electronic systems, correctly and efficiently.
– Assist customers to access information and resources requested by signposting them.
– Assist new members to complete all necessary paperwork and record ID received.
– Ensure all new members are fully aware of the range of services provided by Shopmobility.
– Input new members onto the database, mail out membership information and record in internal processes as instructed.
– Issue vehicles to customers ensuring they are suitable to their needs, where this is not the case suggest appropriate alternatives.
– Ensure customers are fully trained in the safe use of the equipment prior to leaving the premises.
– Clean vehicles on return from hire, reporting any damage or faults.
– Undertake light maintenance of equipment such as checking tyre pressures are correctly inflated and that foot and arm rests are secure.
– Undertake general administrative duties to include post, photocopying and filing as requested.
– Attend internal events, supervision and support sessions as requested.
– Adhere to relevant Age UK Dudley policies and procedures
– To wear a personal identity badge whilst volunteering
– Specific skills relevant to the activity
– A liking for and an empathy with older people
– Patience and understanding
– The ability to work as part of a team
– Good listening skills and an understanding of safety issues
– An understanding of the need for confidentiality
– Sense of humour
– Good timekeeping
– Reliability and trustworthiness
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT:
Contact number: 01384 356150