If you are interested in making life better for older people, then why not become a volunteer with The Good Neighbour Scheme? Be a part of an enjoyable and rewarding experience that gives you a sense of connection with the local community.
Through volunteering you can make a positive difference to your own life and the lives of others.
– Meet new people and make new friends
– Use your existing skills – and learn new ones
– Share experiences, interests and knowledge
– Build confidence and self-esteem
– Do something worthwhile, and make a real difference to older people
– Have fun!
The Good Neighbour Scheme is looking for people who are able to spare one hour a week to befriend an older person at risk of isolation or loneliness, living within the Dudley borough.
What does the home visiting service require of a volunteer?
As a volunteer you may choose to visit someone who lives alone in their own home to have a chat or a cup of tea. You may like to be a part of our Home Buddy scheme and visit someone who lives in Supported Accommodation, or you may wish to become involved with our Telephone Buddy Scheme, designed to offer friendship over the telephone.
– We will ensure that you receive all the appropriate training necessary to carry out your volunteering role confidently.
– We will provide ongoing support to enable you to fulfil your volunteering role and enjoy your volunteering experience.
– We will reimburse all agreed travel costs and expenses.
– Volunteers will require a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formally known as the Criminal Records Bureau) which we cover the cost of.
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT:
Contact number: 01384 356150