Barnardo’s Volunteer Family Support has been created to deliver a volunteer support programme to families across the Black Country.
The Volunteer led parent support programme will aim to be an enhancement to services provided by statutory partners. By supporting children and families to access a range of activities.
- Be recruited, inducted and trained via Barnardo’s volunteer policy & procedures
- Receive supervision
- Be fully integrated into the Black Country Locality
- Be supported by a Volunteer Coordinator and service managers
- Deliver practical information, advice and guidance in line with agreed referral requirements
- Offer support & encouragement
- Be a point of contact for families.
When volunteering with family support services volunteers will act as an ongoing support to families and will aim to:
To improve attendance & use of local services
- Provide addresses and contact details of other services
- Transport some families to these services if able
- Accompany the family to the appointment
- Discuss the service prior to and after the use of the service
- Support attendance at meetings
Provide emotional support:
- Someone to talk to.
- Help make and attend appointments
- Behaviour support with children
- Facilitated play/leisure with child and parent
Provide practical support (including):
- Help with budgeting
- Home environment
- Meal planning
- Establishing routines
- Play and outings for the family
– Preferably some knowledge and skills in working with families, working in early years, youth work
– Preferably some background experience with working with children and families
– Confidence to work independently and use own initiative
– We are looking for someone who is committed and available for this opportunity
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY please contact:
Tel: 01902 212199