COMMITMENT: Minimum 3 hours a week for six months
RESPONSIBLE TO: Day Services & Volunteer Co-ordinator
ROLE SUMMARY: Working alongside staff you will provide support to
clients in a group setting and on an individual basis as well as assisting staff to deliver rehabilitation sessions.
LOCATION: Martin Hill Street, Dudley, YMCA, West Bromwich or West Midlands House, Willenhall.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
1. To work alongside staff and be part of delivering rehabilitation sessions to clients both in a group setting and individually.
2. To help staff set up before, and tidy up after each session.
3. To support clients in completing activities, prompting, guiding and encouraging them.
4. To observe clients and provide feedback to staff on their activities and progress.
5. To help with making and serving refreshments.
6. To support clients with their eating, drinking or toileting (if you are willing and able).
7. To drive clients to and from locations as part of their activities (if you are willing and able).
8. To comply with any reasonable instruction given by a member of staff as part of the day-to-day running of Headway.
9. To participate in regular supervision with the Day Services & Volunteer Co-ordinator.
10. To comply with Headway Black Country’s policies and procedures. This includes presenting yourself in a professional manner, maintaining client confidentiality and working in a way that keeps Headway a safe and healthy environment.
We are looking for individuals with an interest in supporting those with a brain injury. The ability to be kind, caring, non-judgemental and patient is important. Volunteers can come from all walks of life and bring a wide range of experiences. If you can spare 3 hours a week for six months between Mon-Fri 10am-3pm, please get in touch!
In return for volunteering, we provide regular supervision, training and travel expenses to volunteers. As this is work with vulnerable adults, we will arrange for an enhanced DBS check to be undertaken alongside references from people who know you.
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY please contact:
Tel: 01384 869961