Reporting to: Shop Managers
Hours: The shop will be open Monday to Saturday 9.30am – 4.00pm.
We would like volunteers to ideally work mornings or afternoons
one session per week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– To serve customers and record purchases on the cash register
– To work with staff and other volunteers to sort, steam, hang, ticket and size
donated clothing for sale in the shop
– To help keep the shop clean.
– To assist with shop displays.
– Provide information leaflets and signpost any enquiries for Age UK Dudley
– Comply with Age UK Dudley relevant Policies and Procedures
– Wear personal identity badge whilst volunteering
– Represent the professional standards of the charity
– An interest in the shop, and an enthusiasm for raising money through its work.
– The ability to work as part of a team.
– A flexible approach
– Able to provide a friendly, high quality service to customers
– The ability to work as part of a team
– Basic numeracy
– A sense of humour
– An understanding of the need for confidentiality
– Good timekeeping
– Reliability and trustworthiness
– A willingness to undertake training required for role
Travelling expenses will be reimbursed at the agreed volunteer mileage rate, or bus fare on production of receipts.
Lunch (if volunteering over lunchtime period)