Our collection tins are a simple way to raise money and awareness for Acorns, to help us continue to support children and their families; including those who are bereaved.
As a tin collection co-ordinator you will be asked to identify the best places in your local community to have a tin, place the collection tin and collect when full. You will also be responsible for counting and banking the money into the charity account.
We encourage our Collection Tin Coordinators to place as many boxes as they can within their local community – some of our coordinators start with as little as 8. By managing even a small number of local tins you will be making a difference to the work that we do.
– Using your local knowledge to seek out new locations for tins to be placed e.g. local shops, pubs, restaurants etc.
– Visit sites to distribute, collect and replace the collection tins (Includes existing sites)
– Counting and banking donations in collection tins.
– Maintain accurate records of collection tin locations, dates placed/emptied and how much each collection box placed raised to provide to the Fundraising Team.
– Using Acorns ‘Thank you’ cards to let the sites know how much has been collected.
– Follow up on placed tins 2-3 times a year to assess whether they need replacing.
– We may also ask that you encourage traders to display posters from time to time to promote fundraising events in their area.
– This flexible role is a great opportunity for those with a limited amount of time, but still want to help make a difference to a local cause
– Access to a vehicle or good transport links
– Ability to organise the tins and manage a timetable for replacing them.
– Ability to count and record money
– Basic computer skills – Microsoft Office, email and the internet
– Have a small amount of storage space for collection boxes
– Regular communication with Acorns Community Fundraising Team
– Reliable and trustworthy
– Over 18 years old
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT:
Contact number: 01922 422 500