At this round of Community Forums Dudley Council is celebrating the people who make a real
difference in the area where they live. We have been learning about local people who have been inventing unique and imaginative projects across the borough. These projects bring people to together to make the places they live more enjoyable, happy and vibrant.
Come along and find out how Love Your Community funding has enabled and supported projects such as Quarry Bank in Bloom, Black Country Festival, community fun days, soup kitchens, litter picks, activities for young people, Santa Jogs and lots, lots more!
Fantastic projects can happen when 2 or 3 people come together to start something they are passionate about that is open to everyone and can make a massive difference to the community they live in.
There are loads of benefits to people coming together in this way, networks develop, grow and are strengthened; there is a sense of pride and neighbourliness, there is an opportunity to share and learn from each other. All of these things can directly improve people’s physical and mental health, happiness and wellbeing, confidence and social interactions, as well as saving money and the satisfaction of being part of something creative and exciting!
So whether it’s cooking, growing, making, repairing, learning or sharing that floats your boat, come along, be inspired, get involved and share your amazing ideas with others to make great stuff happen in the places you live!
We care about our communities and we know that you do too and we want to work with you to make things even better. We can offer a range of support from connecting people, helping find spaces and equipment and even with funding.
So come along and join in the Community Forum in your area!
Monday 9 January 2017 6:30-8:30pm
• Coseley East and Sedgley Community Forum Christ Church C of E Primary School
Tuesday 10 January 2017 6:30-8:30pm
• Netherton, Woodside and St. Andrews and Quarry Bank and Dudley Wood Community Forum Woodside Community Centre
• Halesowen North and Halesowen South Community Forum Leasowes High School
Wednesday 11 January 2017 6:30-8:30pm
• Castle and Priory, St. James’s and St. Thomas’s Community Forum St John’s Parish HallSt Johns Road, Kates Hill, Dudley, DY2 7JH
• Brierley Hill, Brockmoor and Pensnett Community Forum The Oakfield Centre, 245 Brettell Lane, Brierley Hill. DY5 3LT
Monday 16 January 2017 6:30-8:30pm
• Belle Vale, Hayley Green and Cradley South Community Forum Caslon Primary School
• Amblecote, Cradley and Wollescote, Lye and Stourbridge North Community Forum Withymoor Primary School, Gayfield Avenue, Brierley Hill, DY5 2BH