Want to gain some experience of volunteering with people with Learning Disabilities? We have the perfect role for you!
The Oaks Project in Cradley Heath is open Wednesdays and Thursdays from 09:30 to 15:30 and provides lots of great activities for people with learning disabilities, including arts/crafts, pottery, photography, gardening.
The project needs a female volunteer or male volunteer to interact with clients and provide support to help them enjoy activities. This can include supporting during activity sessions or helping in the kitchen at lunchtime, such as helping people use the microwave. There is NO personal care involved.
– To assist students whilst they engage in a range of practical subject based creative activities.
– To support and supervise students whilst they are using Art & Craft equipment in a practical setting.
– To supervise students whilst they are preparing drinks and at lunch time.
– To support and supervise students whilst they are accessing the community.
– To support and supervise students whilst they are using public transport.
We are suggesting a trial period to see if you feel the placement is suitable for you.
– A CRB check will be carried out
– A willingness to develop an understanding of people with a learning disability.
– The ability to appropriately support and guide people with a learning disability in a range of settings whilst maintaining their dignity.
– A willingness and ability to assist people with their personal care.
– A practical creative flair. (I am not looking for an experienced artist but someone who enjoys Art & Craft projects).
– Mature sensible outlook
– An empathetic caring nature
– Fun Loving
– Good IT Skills
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY please contact: