- Do volunteers have the same rights as employees?
- Health and safety doesn’t apply to volunteers does it?
- Do your volunteers sign a contract?
- Are you aware how easy it is to create a contract with volunteers?
Many volunteer-involving organisations are not aware of the legal implications when working with volunteers. Our session aims to dispel myths and clarify your legal responsibilities. We also use actual case studies where volunteers have taken organisations to court, to help demonstrate bad practice when involving volunteers.
What will the session cover?
- What a volunteer is and when someone is not a volunteer
- Who can or cannot volunteer and conditions that may apply
- How current legislation has implications for volunteers and volunteer involving organisations
- Identifying volunteers’ rights and the responsibilities of organisations when involving volunteers
- Taking steps to avoid creating employment conditions with volunteers
- Evaluating a legal case study and discuss the likely outcome
We suggest arrival from 09:00 for a prompt start at 09:15-09:30. We estimate we will be finished by 13:30.
We will also give you
- resource CD with lots of sample documents/information sheets etc
- copy of Volunteer Management Good Practice Toolkit
- ongoing support from the Volunteer Centre
please follow this link to book
COST FOR THIS TRAINING
There is a charge of £20 per person for this training, which includes training materials, resource CD and tea/coffee. Dudley groups attract a discount. Unfortunately we need to make a small charge to cover room hire and refreshments and hope you understand. We have endeavoured to keep this to a minimum.