Free seminar that we are hosting at Higgs & Sons on Thursday 8 September 2016, between 4:30 and 6:30pm.
The seminar is aimed at trustees, senior management, employees, volunteers, or anyone involved in safeguarding within a charitable or not for profit organisation.
The aim of the seminar is to examine the law surrounding safeguarding for children and vulnerable adults and offer advice and information on key aspects of the law including;
- The current legal position regarding safeguarding;
- When is it safeguarding and when is it not;
- The role and responsibilities of various individuals in an organisation in safeguarding;
- The role of the Charity Commission and other regulators in safeguarding strategy;
- What happens when it goes wrong – who is liable and how should you report issues; and
- Strategies and processes for ensuring compliance and best practice in;
- Selection and recruitment
- Induction and training
- Drafting policies and procedures
My colleague Annabel…
View original post 192 more words