The network is an innovative approach to information giving through a new partnership of information access points located across Dudley borough. Community Information points are beginning to appear in locations where local people already visit to get information or services. Our new network will provide information and signposting to health, wellbeing and social care services as well where to get benefits and debt advice to prevent people from getting into crisis situations. Community Information Points are staffed by an army of Information Champions who work in prominent community locations, volunteer for groups, charities and faith establishments and for statutory and private organisations. The main purpose is to prevent local people from getting into crisis situations.
Information Champions are required to attend a free half day Induction module followed by a free half day Information Resources module, to learn about the tools they will need to confidently carry out their Information Champion role.
By registering for the training, attendees are asked to confirm that they:
- Work or volunteer in Dudley borough
- Have discussed the opportunity with their employer or host organisation
- Are already in an information giving role or working towards doing so
- Agree to become an Information Champion
- Agree to join our network by operating a Community Information Point within Dudley borough
The first training module is a 3-hour session covering:
- Background of the Information Point Network
- Clear communication, active listening and confidentiality
- The boundary between giving information and giving advice
- How you and your organisation will benefit from joining the network
- Details of how to book your ‘information resources’ training module where you will get to practice using key information giving websites.
Training places can be booked at: www.infochamp.eventbrite.co.uk
Please give Chris, Deb or Melissa a call on 01384 267427 if you would like to discuss further.
03000 111 001
Tweet us! @HWDudley
Care of: Dudley CVS Registered office: 7 Albion Street, Brierley Hill, Dudley, DY5 3EE.