Examples of the types of tasks you may be asked to while volunteering at Dudley Mind head office:
1. To provide general administration support to Dudley Mind staff including filing, photocopying, shredding, letter writing.
2. To undertake reception duties, including answering the telephone and responding to, or redirecting calls as appropriate.
3. To input confidential data into, and maintain, the Psiams system.
4. To deal with incoming and outgoing post.
5. To respond to enquiries via email.
6. To assist with updating the Dudley Mind website.
7. To order and maintain stationary supplies.
8. To prepare information packs to be sent out.
9. To undertake any training relevant to this post.
10. To work in accordance with Dudley Mind’s policies and procedures.
What you can expect from us:
– We will provide training.
– We will provide an induction pack.
– We will provide ongoing support through the HR and Office Manager.
– We will organise regular training for personal development.
– We will inform you of any training courses which may be of interest.
– We will complete references for future employment, after volunteering at Dudley Mind for 6 months.
– We will reimburse any reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.
Volunteers must be over the age of 18.
Wheelchair access: The majority of tasks are seated. Access is possible but movement around the office is tight or would be in a wheelchair due to the age of the building there is little we can do to resolve this.
What we would like from you:
– To attend Dudley Mind’s Volunteer Induction training.
– Dudley Mind hopes you will be available to volunteer on a regular basis for at least 6 months.
– To try to attend regular support and training events.
– To adhere to Dudley Mind’s policies and guidelines which include confidentiality and health and safety
– We need people who are reliable and who can be left alone to complete set tasks
– We need people who will be empathetic and supportive towards people with Mental health problems
– Basic IT skills
– Good Communication skills.
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY please contact: