Volunteering Matters has a wide variety of full time volunteering opportunities for young people aged 18-35 who are looking to gain skills and experience or looking for a challenging and fun year out in the UK . Opportunities are available throughout the year for a period of 6-12 months.
Volunteering opportunities are away from home and accommodation and subsistence is provided including £35 per week for day to day expenses plus food (or up to £40 per week to buy food). Volunteers could be placed anywhere in the UK depending on the project to which the volunteer is matched. There are hundreds of opportunities and a wide range of different projects volunteers can get involved in.
The type of opportunities are wide ranging but are largely within health or social care settings. Typically these might include:
– Supporting adults or children that have a disability in their own home
– Helping disabled students at university e.g. by note taking or helping with day-to-day living
– Providing respite care for full time carers
– Volunteering in a group or community home
– Providing support or help in a homeless shelter
– Mentoring and befriending young people at risk of offending or exclusion from school
Volunteering Matters’ placements are a great opportunity to gain practical skills and experience, improve employability, make new friends and make a difference to people’s lives. No previous experience or qualifications are required. Volunteers should be aged 18-35 and be UK/EEA nationals living in the UK.
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY please contact:
Tel: 0121 643 7690