Barnardo’s Balance Volunteer Family Support Service has been created to deliver a volunteer support programme to families.
The Volunteer led parent support programme will aim to be an enhancement to services provided by statutory partners. By supporting children and families to access a range of activities
The Volunteer led parent support programme will aim to offer:
Improve Access & use of local services (including adult mental health, substance misuse, CC’s and universal services):
– Provide addresses and contact details of other services;
– Transport some families to these services;
– Accompany the family to the appointment;
– Discuss the service prior to and after the use of the service
– Support access to any EBP programmes as required by CP/CIN plans and outcomes
– Support attendance at CP/CIN requests
Practical support (high frequency but “low” level intensity of interventions including):
– Home environment (cleaning/tidying garden)
– Meal planning (shopping)
– Establishing routine
– Someone to talk to
– Helped make and attended appointments
– Role modelling
– Behaviour boundaries
– Facilitated play/leisure with child and parent
– Keep in touch with families who are at the monitor stage to prevent relapse and intervene early to get the family back on track
– Deliver practical information, advice and guidance in line with agreed referral requirements for families around basic family support and parenting i.e. meal planners, life skills, communication, level 1-2 parenting support.
– Work with local CC’s and Early help systems to ensure families have opportunity to access a range of support functions.
– Offer support and encouragement to improve the emotional well being, confidence and communication skills of parents.
– Aim to enhance the journey of families by improving outcomes, building resilience and support structures.
– Preferably some knowledge and skills in working with families, working in early years, youth work
– Preferably some background experience with working with children and families
– Confidence to work independently and use own initiative
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY please contact:
Tel: 0121 588 5431