To assist the Stockroom supervisor in all daily duties:
– Ensuring all donated goods are sorted into the appropriate categories and designated areas.
– When sorting be aware of any sharps, needles, glass and any dangerous hazards.
– Be aware of any trip or fall hazards.
– Steaming and hanging of items ready for transportation.
– Assist with deliveries and collections as and when.
– Good communication with staff and other volunteers.
– Always be aware of health and safety issues.
Criminal convictions are taken into account at the time of applying. Discussion/interview with the manager prior to starting.
This role can be of a physical nature but if the applicant is capable of working at the designated area all possibilities can be discussed. If an applicant has a particular learning difficulty this can be discussed at interview with the manager to ensure the volunteer will cope and is safe to volunteer.
– Welcoming and friendly
– Smart and clean appearance
– Enjoys working in a team
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Effective verbal communication skills
– Reliable and honest
– Sensitivity to the needs of our customers
– An understanding of the importance of confidentiality boundaries and safeguarding within Acorns
– Willingness to gain knowledge and understanding of Acorns
– Continuously promoting an awareness of Acorns
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY please contact:
Tel: 01564 825026