Options for Life is a not for profit voluntary organisation. We provide opportunities for adults with learning disabilities to improve their confidence, develop their skills, live as independently as possible and enjoy the same rights and opportunities as non-disabled people making choices about their own lives.
Based in Oldbury in the West Midlands we work with participants across the West Midlands, have a turnover of £2.2million and employ over 100 staff. As a leading learning disability organisation we want to recruit new Trustees with a breadth of skills and talent to help us with our ongoing growth and continual improvement.
As a minimum Trustees are required to:
- attend Board of Trustee meetings four times each year and our AGM
- be a member of a subcommittee which meets four times each year
- be involved in developing the strategic direction of Options for Life
- ensure robust scrutiny of our five year plan and risk register
- engage regularly in the ongoing development of the organisation
- undertake internal audits and engage in staff conferences
We are particularly keen to recruit a diverse board of trustees and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
We are committed to inducting our Trustees supporting them in their ongoing development. Being a Trustee with Options for Life will:
- utilise your extensive skills and talents
- allow you to develop new skills
- improve personal networks
- improve career prospects
- get involved in the local community
- make a difference
To find out more please contact our Chief Executive, Alison Barrett on 0121 544 6611.
Closing date: Friday 15 July 2016