Visitor Welcome Volunteers play an important role in helping every visitor make the most of their day by giving them the information they need about where everything is and what is happening when. You will act as a point of contact to all visitors to Dudley Canal and Tunnel Trust.
You will work as part of a team to man a welcome area in the foyer or the ticket barriers in the shop. When in the foyer your main role will be to welcome visitors to the site and help orientate. You will ensure that visitors with potential access issues (wheelchairs, pushchairs, partial sighted etc) are given sufficient information to ensure they have an enjoyable visit. When on the barriers your role will be to help ensure the smooth operation of the ticket barriers as well as welcoming and orientating visitors coming over from the Black Country Living Museum Site. You may also be based at our entrance to the Black Country Living Museum handing out leaflets and chatting to visitors helping to raise our profile.
Who this role would suit:
The role of Visitor Welcome Volunteer will suit someone who:
– Is reliable and well organised
– Enjoys talking to people
– Is great with people of all ages and happy to chat to anyone whether they are 21 or 101
– Is looking for a regular volunteering opportunity
– Is happy to answer questions and can think on their feet
What’s in it for you?
– Becoming part of a friendly team
– Meeting people from all walks of life and making new friends
– Enjoy new experiences and learn something new every day
– Enjoying the satisfaction of knowing that you have helped visitor’s get the most from their visit
Time commitment: once a week, working as part of a rota, 10am-2pm or 1pm-4pm, Peak times weekends, bank holidays, and school holidays
Working with children: You may be required to complete a DBS check for this role
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO APPLY please contact:
Tel: 0121 557 6265