VOLUNTEERS AND THE LAW TRAINING
- Do volunteers have the same rights as employees?
- Health and safety doesn’t apply to volunteers does it?
- Do your volunteers sign a contract?
- Are you aware how easy it is to create a contract with volunteers?
Many volunteer-involving organisations are not aware of the legal implications when working with volunteers. Our session aims to dispel myths and clarify your legal responsibilities. We also use actual case studies where volunteers have taken organisations to court, to help demonstrate bad practice when involving volunteers.
We aim to give participants:
- An understanding of how current legislation has implications for volunteers and volunteer involving organisations.
- Knowledge of good practice recommendations relating to the management of volunteers.
- Participants will also have the opportunity to plan for their own organisation in terms of how legislation affects management of their own volunteers.
We suggest arrival from 09:00 for a prompt start at 09:15-09:30. We estimate we will be finished by 13:30.
We will also give you
- resource CD with lots of sample documents/information sheets etc
- copy of Volunteer Management Good Practice Toolkit
- ongoing support from the Volunteer Centre
COST FOR THIS TRAINING
There is a charge of £15 per person for this training, which includes training materials, resource CD and tea/coffee. Unfortunately we need to make a small charge to cover room hire and refreshments and hope you understand. We have endeavoured to keep this to a minimum.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK IN THE MENU –> here to book or visit: