We want to support you to ensure that your volunteers have the best possible volunteering experience and provide information, and support on all aspects of involving volunteers e.g. sample policies, handbooks etc. Whether it’s a simple query or something more complex, we are always happy to help. Why not look at our A-Z of what Volunteers Want, for hints and tips on what volunteers really want out of their volunteering? Support is offered to any volunteer-involving group, whether you work in the private, public or voluntary, community and faith sector. We also support social and community enterprises to recruit volunteers if appropriate.
- The Volunteer Centre has designed a toolkit to help you look at how you manage volunteers and involve them in your organisation. It aims to give you suggestions for things to consider when you involve volunteers and areas of good practice to include in your management of volunteers.
- Dudley CVS Volunteer Centre is a member of NCVO, the national lead on all things volunteering. As a member they undertake Quality Accreditation every 3 years to ensure they are offering a quality service to both organisations and volunteers. We have just passed the latest round of Quality Accreditation with great feedback from our Assessor.
- Our Volunteer Centre Development Officer is a CTLLS accredited trainer and offers volunteer management training, to ensure you have all the information and support you need to manage your volunteers effectively.
- Dudley borough also has its own volunteer managers network [DVON], which is open to anyone who manages volunteers.
- Looking at a relevant Quality Standard? Did you know our Volunteer Centre Development Officer is also a trained advisor for Investing in Volunteers – the national quality standard for involving volunteers.
- We also hold an extensive reference library of information on all things volunteering.
- Please contact the Volunteer Centre on email@example.com