Dudley Youth Awards aim to recognise and celebrate the achievements of young people aged 11 to 19 (and up to 25 for those with a disability) who live in the Dudley borough and inspirational adults who work with them.
We would be very grateful if you could forward this email on to anyone who could nominate someone for an award, who they know through their work, within their community or within their family. To find out more about the work of Dudley Youth Council find us on Facebook or on Twitter @dycdudley
The deadline for nominations have been extended by 1 week, until Friday 11th December, so if you have not yet had time to nominate a young person or an inspiring adult who works with young people then there is some extra time!
This award ceremony, now in its 12th year, is organised by Dudley Youth Council, an elected group of young people who work hard locally to represent young people in the borough in a positive way, with the support of Dudley Youth Service. There are 7 awards which young people can be nominated for:
- Creative Arts Award: This award recognises and celebrates young people who are creative and talented within the arts
- Sport Award: This award is for young people who help with the development of sports opportunities locally or who individually excel within sport.
- Contribution to School or Further Education Award: This award is for young people who go that extra mile in their own learning or help others within a school or further education environment
- Inspiration Award – Overcoming Adversity: This award is for an extraordinary young person who shows commitment, positivity and courage
- Inspiration Award – Inspiring Others: This award is for an extraordinary young person who shows commitment, acts as a role model and is compassionate.
- Environmental Award: This award is for young people who have helped in improving their local environment and in making their community a greener place
- Community, Charity and Voluntary Award—Group: This award is for groups of young people who have made an impact together to the lives of others in the local community.
There is 1 category which adults can be nominated for which is the Mary Growcott Award. Only young people (aged 11 to 19 or up to 25 for those with a disability) can nominate in this category. This award is given to an inspirational adult who has truly made a difference to the lives of young people who they work with.
Nominations are open until Friday 11th December: http://www.dudley.gov.uk/kids/youth-service/youthvoice/youth-awards/
Thank you and we look forward to receiving your nominations.
Officer for Youth Empowerment
Dudley Youth Service
Integrated Youth Support, Dudley MBC
Tel: 01384 815172