The Trustees’ Week website has lots of useful information about becoming a trustee, recruiting trustees and topics related to running a charity.
Amongst its posts is one piece about trustee facts and figures, which says:
- There are over 1,000,000 trustee positions in England and Wales;
- Estimates suggest that almost half of charities have at least one vacancy on their board;
- Just 0.5% of trustees in England and Wales are aged between 18 and 24, (compared with 12% of the population as a whole);
- The average age of trustees in England and Wales is 57, two thirds are aged 50 and over.
- 43.4% of trustees are female, and 56% are male. (Each trustee is counted only once, though some are trustees for more than one charity. The figure for female trustees should be treated as a minimum as only those whose titles are certainly female are included).
View original post 752 more words